About Our Client:
Our client is a large multinational Insurance company in Malaysia.
This role is responsible in the daily Business-as-Usual (BAU) Accounting/Investment Accounting/Bank Reconciliation activities as well as being involved in Finance & Accounting projects to support the IFRS17 and IFRS9 Implementation workstreams covering Data, Reporting, System and Process. The person also will be assisting in the monthly bank reconciliations, investment accounting and reporting works to familiarise with the current processes in parallel with the implementation works.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist in data extraction and transaction analysis, actual cash flows mapping and review of data and business requirements for local system enhancement
· Assist in Accounting Prototype – Chart of Accounts (CoA) mapping, review account posting rules, financial statements and reports proforma and disclosure requirements development
· Work in partnership with Project Management Office (PMO), Actuarial and Group Office to drive successful execution of implementation of sub ledger and general ledger system for IFRS17 and investment accounting system (PAM system) for IFRS9.
· Assist in reviewing the functional designs of new sub ledger and general ledger and investment system and identifying the implications of new systems and processes to finance function
· Attend sub ledger user-acceptance test (UAT) training and perform end-to-end testing for the new sub ledger system implementation
· Assist in current BAU monthly processes for bank reconciliation, investment accounting and reporting and involve in process improvements
· Propose solutions that relate to the change management for finance functions
· Assist to ensure that the newly implemented process and standard operating procedures (SOP) are documented
· Adhere to project management overall project timeline
· Ensure the execution of tasks and delivery of key milestones within the strict timeline.
· Ensure completeness of finance requirements that relate to mapping and reporting
· Proactively report any unresolved issues that may lead to delay in completion of key deliverables.
· Ensure implementation of business requirements and solutions are appropriately implemented and tested in the finance function
· Bachelor of degree or equivalent, in accounting or recognised accounting professional qualification
· At least 4-5 years working experience in insurance industry or accounting firm specialisation in external audit in insurance/financial institution field
· Independent, committed, proactive, possess initiative and willing to learn attitude
· Result oriented with as sense of urgency to follow up with project related-matters
· Able to work under pressure and tight timelines
· Solid communication skills with proficiency in English and Bahasa Malaysia
· Numerical and analytical skills
· Attention to details and problem-solving skills
· Computer literate with good knowledge in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word)
· Knowledge IFRS17 and IFRS9 would be an added advantage.