Senior Threat Detection Analyst (coverage: Asia Pacific)
As the Senior Threat Detection Analyst, you will be responsible for monitoring the security events leveraging various analytical tools and will triage security incidents as necessary. You will also be responsible for the initial assessment and information gathering of the incident.
· Investigate incidents using SIEM technology, packet captures, reports, data visualization, and pattern analysis.
· Analyze, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents.
· Improve and challenge existing processes and procedures in a very agile and fast-moving information security environment.
· You should have expert knowledge of:
o Information security policies and goals
o Log analysis and event traffic patterns
o The current IT threat landscape and upcoming trends in security
· Network operations or engineering
· System administration on UNIX, Linux, or Windows
· General technical skills, includes TCP/IP knowledge, networking and security product experience
· Willingness to acquire in-depth knowledge of network- and host security technologies and products (such as firewalls, network IDS, scanners) and continuously improve these skills
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, able to train and coach other team members
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
· Information security related experience, in areas such as: security operations, incident analysis, incident handling, and vulnerability management or testing, system patching, log analysis, intrusion detection, or security device administration.
· Scripting skills (e.g., Python, Bash)
· Relevant technical and industry certifications are a plus, e.g. CEH, Security+, GIAC certifications